posted on April 09, 2020 16:37
I had Scaffolded some of the Identity code - so that I could send out emails for password resets. The sent out reset tokens did not work. I always saw the message 'Invalid token'.
I'm not sure how I got to this state...
How I fixed it
I scaffolded the Account/ResetPassword as well. It worked for me to just run Add | Scaffolded Item | Identity and choose Account/ResetPassword.
In the code for that I discovered (around line 60) that it was Base64 decoding the incoming token. My emailed out token didn't Base64 encode it.
I removed the Base64 decoding from the scaffolded code. The emailed out tokens bagan working.
Environment : ASP.Net Core 3, but the project was upgraded from version 2. I'm pretty sure that the emailed out password tokens used to work and I don't know at what point they stopped.