Forum

ForumForumDiscussions and...Discussions and...About the SiteAbout the SitePassword strength and Registration processPassword strength and Registration process
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 13/03/2008 14:00

Modified By RichardHowells  on 05/04/2008 16:11:53

I wonder what other people think, but I would prefer the required strength of the password to be very low for this site - maybe with a captcha to prevent spamming.

Also, on the registration screen, it would be nice to state which fields are displayed publicly.

[FX] goes off to see what his sites do in this regard...!

New Post
 15/03/2008 08:28

Personally I find CAPTCHA's an supreme annoyance and there is some evidence that the really serious spammers have automated defeats against them. 

I have a medium term plan to avoid spam posts. 

• When there are one or two I will just delete them manually.
  • If (OK When) it becomes an irritation I will turn on the moderation feature in the forums.  That way the spam posts get deleted before they are published.  The moderation feature supports trusted posters who are not moderated.  So we won't have to moderate every single post.

Cheers,
- Richard
If this post helped you over a problem, or taught you something new, please login and rate it. Ratings are in the drop down in the top left corner
New Post
 05/04/2008 16:13

I've improved the registration page so it now makes clear what data is published on the site and what is only available to site management.

Cheers,
- Richard
If this post helped you over a problem, or taught you something new, please login and rate it. Ratings are in the drop down in the top left corner
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumDiscussions and...Discussions and...About the SiteAbout the SitePassword strength and Registration processPassword strength and Registration process

Forum Usage Guidelines

The forums are a place for all to exchange ideas and techniques, and to post and answer questions.  All are welcome to read, registration is required to post. 

If you learn somthing new, discover or acquire a new technique, then please take a moment to register and rate the post that just helped you.  This site does not send spam and it does not release your personal details.  Full details in the site privacy policy.

We have some simple posting guidelines to keep the forums a pleasant and informative environment.

• No flames, no trolls
  • No profanity, no racism
  • Site management has the final word on approving or removing any thread, post, or comment
  • English language only please

Copyright 2002-15 by Dynamisys Ltd